The Core Course intends to allow the learners to specialize in the broad subject area
and acquire knowledge and skills pertaining to that area. This paper initiates the
students into the literary field through the genre of short story. The objective of the
paper is to familiarize the students with the form and with major writers of that
genre and to hone their ability to comprehend and analyze English literary texts.
Three Years (Six Semester)
English and Gujarati
The standard of passing the B.A. degree examination will be as under:
- To pass any semester examination of the B.A. degree, a candidate must obtain at least 40% marks in the university examination separately in each course of theory and practical.
- Class will be awarded based on Earned Grade Point, SGPA and CGPA as per rules of University
Marks of Internal examination, university examination and credit hours will be as under:
- Total marks of each theory course are 100 (university examination of 70 marks + internal examination of 30 marks).
- Marks of each unit in the course are equal (i.e. 14 Marks). Total marks of each course are 14x5=70 for university examination.
- Credit hours (lectures) for each unit in the course are equal (i.e. 12 hours). Total credit hours (lectures) of each course are 12x5=60.
- Total marks of each practical and project-viva course are 100. No internal examination of marks in practical and project-viva courses
Candidate seeking admission to the Bachelor of Arts must have passed 12th or equivalent examination from Gujarat Higher Secondary Board or any other Board.